Deadline : January 7, 2021
The University of Oslo is inviting applications for a two (2) full time 2 year positions as Postdoctoral Fellow in philosophy at the Department of Philosophy, Classics, History of Art and Ideas, University of Oslo. Funded by the Research Council of Norway and is associated with the project the Kantian Foundations of Democracy, fellows for this Postdoctoral Research Fellowship are expected to present a research project closely connected to the main project.
This fellowship is scheduled to run for two (2) years in which fellows will will examine either Kantian principles of right and their connection to political rights, Kantian principles of popular sovereignty, or Kantian views of reform and popular revolution. These postdoctoral research fellowships aim to qualify researchers for work in higher academic positions within their disciplines
The University of Oslo is a leading European university and Norway’s largest. UiO is home to outstanding research and offers a great variety in many areas of study to its students who wish to develop their careers at one of the best universities in Europe. The University of Oslo is looking for an enthusiastic and self-motivated person with a background in philosophy (preferably applied ethics or bioethics) and experience of conducting qualitative interviews.
The successful candidate will receive the following benefits:
- You will receive a salary worth NOK 534 300 – 615 500 per annum depending on qualifications in position as Postdoctoral Research Fellow.
- Fellows will have the opportunity to work in a professionally stimulating working environment.
- You will also be eligible to attractive welfare benefits and a generous pension agreement, in addition to Oslo’s family-friendly environment with its rich opportunities for culture and outdoor activities
To be eligible, you need to fulfill the following criteria:
- Applicants must hold a PhD or equivalent academic qualifications with a specialization in philosophy, political theory, legal theory, intellectual history, or other fields closely related to the project.
- The Doctoral dissertation must have been submitted for evaluation by the closing date.
- You must demonstrate fluency oral and written communication skills in English.
- Applicants must also posses German language skills sufficient for analyzing philosophical literature
You have an added advantage if you have the following personal skills
- Demonstrable experience of undertaking qualitative research
- Ability to work collaboratively across disciplinary boundaries
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Self-motivation and capacity to work independently
Applications for one of these fellowships positions are submitted using the portal provided on the program website. You must provided the following required documents and attachments which must be delivered in the electronic recruiting system.
- An application letter detailing your qualifications and motivation for applying for the position.
- Your most recent CV in English(summarizing education, positions, pedagogical experience, administrative experience and other qualifying activity)
- You must also include a list of your most recent publications
- Applicants must submit a project description following a template provided on the program website. The project description must be approx. 3 -5 pages and a max of 14,000 characters.
- Submit copies of educational certificates (academic transcripts only)
Please note: Foreign applicants are advised to attach an explanation of their University’s grading system. Please note that all documents should be in English (or a Scandinavian language).
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here