Deadline : July 31, 2021
The University of Rwanda through its African Centre of Excellence in Energy for Sustainable Development (ACE-ESD) is pleased to invite applications for several PhD by research in Energy for Sustainable Development scholarships. These PhD programmes are hosted at the College of Science and Technology (CST) at the University of Rwanda. The following PhD programmes are available under this scholarships programme.
- PhD by Research in Energy Economics
- A PhD by Research in Electrical Power Systems
- PhD by Research in Renewable Energy
These scholarships are open to female candidates from Eastern and Southern Africa Region who meet the admission requirements into one of the PhD programmes. The programme is offering scholarships and will be awarded in a competitive basis to candidates with the highest marks.
Therefore, to be considered for the scholarship, you must submit your application for admission by the deadline of July 31, 2021, posses excellent grades from your previous studies and meet the admission criteria. Some of the application criteria require candidates countries where English is not the medium of instruction provide an English proficiency certificate and a Summary Research Proposal relevant to the PhD programme they are applying for
Selected applicants for the scholarship programme will receive the following benefits.
- Applicants elected for the scholarships will receive full coverage for tuition fees for their selected PhD programme.
- You will also receive a monthly stipend to cover your daily living expenses
- The programme will also offer you a return ticket for travel from and back to your home country
- There are 4 scholarships in total to be offered to female candidates from Eastern and Southern Africa Region
To apply, you must meet the following requirements.
PhD in Energy Economics
- Candidates must posses a Master of Science degree or its equivalent degree in field related to Economics, Renewable Energy, Energy Economics, Economics, and regulations
PhD in Electrical Power Systems
- You must have a Master of Science degree or its equivalent in field related to Electrical Engineering, electrical and electronics engineering, and Electronic Physics.
PhD in Renewable Energy
- Applicants must posses a Master of Science degree or its equivalent in field related to Renewable Energy, Mechanical Engineering, Physics, Chemistry and Material Sciences
- Candidates must demonstrate the ability to think and work independently and in a team environment.
- All applicants must demonstrate sufficient proficiency in the English Language
To be selected for the scholarship, you must successfully apply and receive admission for one the the above mentioned PhD programmmes. Applications for admission are submitted online using the application portal provided. Together with your application, you will be required to submit the following documents.
- Applicants must submit Notarized copies of their Master’s and Bachelor’s degrees and transcripts.
- You must submit a well written cover letter indicating the study programme you are applying for and the motivation for your application.
- Submit a curriculum vitae (CV) detailing your academic and research experience along with skills and expertise
- Request two Recommendation letters from at least two academic referees
- If available, submit a Support letter from employer
- Submit copies of your Passport of National identification card
- Applicants must also submit a summary Research Proposal relevant to the PhD programme they are applying for.
- Applicants from countries where English is not the medium of instruction must provide an English proficiency certificate
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here