Deadline : January 15, 2021
Applications are now open for the President’s Scholars of Excellence Program at the University of Toronto – Canada. Established in 1827, the University of Toronto has one of the strongest research and teaching faculties in North America, presenting top students at all levels with an intellectual environment unmatched in depth and breadth on any other Canadian campus. With more than 80,000 students across three campuses (St. George, Mississauga and Scarborough) and close to 500,000 alumni active in every region of the world, U of T’s influence is felt in every area of human endeavour.
Approximately 90 of the most highly qualified secondary school students applying to first year of direct entry, undergraduate studies will be distinguished as President’s Scholars of Excellence. They will receive a $10,000 entrance scholarship in their first year of studies, guaranteed access to part-time, meaningful, on-campus employment during second year, and guaranteed access to an international learning opportunity during their U of T experience.
You will recieve the following benefits if selected for this scholarship
- Program includes a $10,000 entrance scholarship in the student’s first year of studies, access to part-time on-campus employment during second year, and guaranteed access to an international learning opportunity during their U of T experience.
- Payment of the award is conditional on full-time registration in September at the division/college/faculty making the offer (i.e. the scholarship offer is division/college/faculty specific).
- The scholarships will be awarded to the University’s most outstanding secondary school students on admission.
- Recipients must be applying to the first year of direct-entry undergraduate studies
- Additional features may be offered by the admitting Faculty; these will be communicated explicitly in the letter of admission. Outstanding domestic and international secondary school students are considered automatically for these scholarships on the basis of their average at the time of admission
- The scholarship is tenable only in the Faculty that makes the offer. Payment of the award is conditional on full-time registration at the University in the fall of the year the award is granted;
- Applicants will need to to provide evidence of adequate English facility for admission consideration, unless you qualify for an exemption.
- You may be exempted from the English facility requirement if one of the following applies to you:
- You have completed/are completing four or more years of full-time study in a recognized Canadian school (in Canada) that teaches in English
- Have Completed/are completing four or more years of full-time study in an English language school located in a country where the dominant language is English
- Your first language is French and you have completed four or more years of full-time studies at a Canadian school
All applicants will be automatically considered for the scholarship, there fore interested candidates are advised to submit their applications for admission within the application dedline
Application for an undergraduate program at the University of Toronto opens in September and closes on January 15. You are therefore advised to visit the admission section on the university website and start preparing in time. It is also important to note that spaces fill quickly therefore its is advisable to submit your application as early as possible
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here