Deadline : February 1, 2023
Applications are now open for the President’s Scholars of Excellence Program at the University of Toronto – Canada. Established in 1827, the University of Toronto has one of the strongest research and teaching faculties in North America, presenting top students at all levels with an intellectual environment unmatched in depth and breadth on any other Canadian campus. With more than 80,000 students across three campuses (St. George, Mississauga and Scarborough) and close to 500,000 alumni active in every region of the world, U of T’s influence is felt in every area of human endeavor.
The scholarship will be awarded to up to 150 highly qualified passionate applicants who meet the scholarship selection criteria. Applicates must be secondary school leavers who are applying for admission into their first year of direct entry of undergraduate studies. As a distinguished President’s Scholars of Excellence scholar, you will receive a $10,000 entrance scholarship in your first year of studies. You will also have guaranteed access to part-time, meaningful, on-campus employment your second year.
Besides the scholarship and access to part-time on-campus employment, scholars will also have access to several international learning opportunities during their U of T experience. This scholarship is competitive and will be awarded to the best performing students. Selection for the scholarship is based on merit. There is no separate scholarship application to fill since all students are automatically considered at admission.
You will recieve the following benefits if selected for this scholarship
- Program includes a $10,000 entrance scholarship in the student’s first year of studies.
- Selected scholars will also have access to part-time on-campus employment during second year,
- You will also have guaranteed access to an international learning opportunity during their U of T experience.
- Payment of the award is conditional on full-time registration in September at the division/college/faculty making the offer (i.e. the scholarship offer is division/college/faculty specific).
- The scholarships will be awarded to the University’s most outstanding secondary school students on admission.
- Recipients must be applying to the first year of direct-entry undergraduate studies
- Qualifying domestic and international secondary school leavers will automatically for these scholarships based on merit.
- Payment of the award is conditional on full-time registration at the University in the fall of the year the award is granted.
- Applicants must provide evidence of adequate English facility for admission consideration, unless you qualify for an exemption.
- You may be exempted from the Englishproficiency requirement if one of the following applies to you meet the following conditions
- You have completed/are completing four or more years of full-time study in a recognized Canadian school (in Canada) that teaches in English
- Have Completed/are completing four or more years of full-time study in an English language school located in a country where the dominant language is English
- Your first language is French and you have completed four or more years of full-time studies at a Canadian school
All applicants will be automatically considered for the scholarship, there fore interested candidates are advised to submit their applications for admission within the application deadline.
Remember, you must be applying to commence your undergraduate studies in September 2022. Each faculty sets its own admission deadline. Also, students from different countries may be required to meet certain specific admission conditions.
Application for an undergraduate program at the University of Toronto usually opens in September and closes on February 1. However, many programmes close for admission earlier that this. You are therefore advised to visit the admission section on the university website and start preparing in time. It is also important to note that spaces fill quickly therefore its is advisable to submit your application as early as possible
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here