Deadline : February 1, 2023
Apply for the University of Twente Scholarship (UTS) for Excellent Students to study in the Netherlands. The University Twente Scholarship (UTS) is dedicated to excellent international students from countries in the EU/EEA as well non-EU/EEA countries who wish to study and are applying for a graduate programme (MSc) at the University of Twente. If selected for the scholarship, you will receive a scholarship grant which may be used to cover your tuition for your selected Master’s degree programmmee.
The initial scholarship grant is awarded for one year, however, in case of a two-year study programme, you can have your scholarship renewed for a second year provided that meet the process requirements for the UTS. The scholarship is solely dedicated to applicants applying for a master’s degree programme at the University of Twente Scholarship in the Netherlands. Besides the scholarship, other benefits that come along with the scholarship grant include the following:
- You will become one of the most promising University of Twente students.
- Recipients will have an exclusive opportunity to take part in an intake for one of the three honours programmes, namely, Research honours, Design honours, or Change leaders.
- If selected for the scholarship, you will receive between € 3,000 and € 22,000 for one year.
- This scholarship may be used to either cover Tuition fees or cover living expenses during your stay in Netherlands. It is up to the scholarship student to decide how to spend the money.
- Your scholarship grant will be renewed incase of Two year Master’s degree programme if you fulfill the following requirements
- You must have obtained an average grade of 7 (out of 10) at the end of the third quartile of the first year
- Recipients must have gained least 50% of European Credits at the end of the third quartile of the first year
If you are to be selected for a the University of Twente Scholarship, you should meet all the requirements below
- Applicants can be citizens of both EU/EAA or non EU/EAA countries but can not be Dutch Citizens (See full country list here)
- You will have to secure provisional admission into one of the qualifying Master’s degree programmes at the University of Twente starting in the academic year 2023/2024 (September)
- Candidates must be excellent students belonging to the best 5 to 10 percent of their graduating class, since the University Twente Scholarship is dedicated to highly performant students.
- Admitted students must have received a student number as this will be essential for applying for the scholarship.
- You have not graduated from a UT undergraduate programme.
- You comply with the conditions for obtaining an entry visa in the Netherlands (if applicable);
- Since your degree programme will be offered in English, applicants must meet the general English language test requirement Academic IELTS 6.5 or TOEFL iBT of 90 and an additional 6.0 or TOEFL iBT 20 on the sub score of speaking skills
- You must not be eligible for a Dutch study loan
Please note that the application process for an UTS programme is separate from the application for course entry at the University of Twente. Therefore applicants must first apply for admission into the course of their choice and will need to receive an admission letter first before they apply for the scholarship.
You must therefore apply for a Master’s programme first. Eligible applicants for an eligible Master’s programme will receive a conditional admission letter. You will then apply for the scholarship with your student number.
Also note that this scholarship is not available for the pre-Master programme or for Master’s programmes at the Faculty of Geo-Information Science and Earth Observation (ITC).
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here