Deadline : July 31, 2020 .
Apply for the University of Vienna LL.M. Scholarship for International Students, Austria. The University of Vienna is the largest research institution in Austria and the largest educational institution: Around 90,000 national and international students are currently enrolled at the University of Vienna. With 178 regular courses, it has the most diverse range of courses in the country. The University of Vienna is also an important institution for further education in Austria.
The University of Vienna scholarship is for special support of an LL.M. degree at the University of Vienna for the tuition fee. The budgetary funds come from the funds of the University Scholarship Foundation for Students of Rights at the University of Vienna, which are awarded once a year (at the end of the summer semester) for the coming academic year. It is a one-off amount.
The prerequisites include a degree in law from a university abroad and particularly good academic success. The application must be submitted before the LL.M. Course.The selection criteria and the ranking are based on the course achievements, professional qualifications taking into account the self-presentation and the language skills. The decision is made by a committee chaired by the Vice Rector for Students and Teaching.
Benefits for applicants are as below.
- The funds of the Higher Education Scholarship Foundation for Law Students at the University of Vienna will be paid out in two installments to the top candidates (Tuition Fees) and up to an amount of Euro 10.000.-.
- Decisions on the awarded of scholarships are taken by the Selection Committee.
- Applicants will be informed about the decision by e-mail towards the end of June 2020. We kindly ask for your understanding, if we cannot answer telephonic or written inquiries prior to the announcement of the results due to administrative reasons.
- One semester after the start of the LL.M. program, a transcript of records of the LL.M. program and the presence on-site has to be presented in writing.
- There is no legal entitlement to be awarded a scholarship.
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria
- Foreign first law degree from all over the world
- Outstanding study performance (exams and academic papers)
- The application must be made before the start of the LL.M. program.
Please fill the application form and you will have to also submit the required documents
- Completed application form
- Personal statement indicating the applicant’s professional qualifications, career plans, including a statement of reasons for pursuing the planned study project (max. two pages)
- One letter of recommendation by a university professor or lecturer
- Proof of necessary language skills
- Admission to the LL.M. program at the University of Vienna (by 29 May 2020); incl. cost of the LL.M. program
- Diploma and Transcripts
Submit your application by email to claudia.fritz-larott @ univie.ac.at
To apply, Click here