Deadline : Open
The University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship was established in 2015 to promote educational opportunities, foster internationalisation and support talented international students who are enrolling for the first time into undergraduate or postgraduate programmes1 at the University of Waikato.
The Scholarships have a value of up to NZD$10,000, and will be awarded to successful applicants from countries listed in the table below who demonstrate excellent academic achievement, and strong potential to become global ambassadors for the University of Waikato.
The Scholarship will be applied to tuition fees only and is not transferrable. Students are required to pay their first year of tuition fees and apply for a student visa. The University will transfer the scholarship funding to the student’s tuition fees after their enrolment has been completed.
The Scholarship will have a value up to NZD$10,000 and will be applied directly to the recipient’s tuition fees for their chosen programme/s of study either at the time of offer or once their enrollment is completed. The amount offered for this Scholarship is at the discretion of the Selection Committee and will be based on criteria such as, but not limited to, total available funding, grades, financial need, number of credits enrolled, number of applicants, period of enrollment.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be a citizen of, or currently studying in, one of the countries listed in Table 1;
- not currently be enrolled at the University of Waikato (including the Certificate of Attainment in Academic English, the Certificate of Attainment in Foundation Studies, the International Diploma of Business or Science or any other pre-degree pathway programme);
- not have paid fees at the time of application;
- be applying to enrol for the first time in either an undergraduate or postgraduate degree1 at the University of Waikato;
- not be classified as a domestic student (see clause 7.3.d);
- have met the University of Waikato’s English language requirements for admission, or have an offer for the Certificate of Attainment in Academic English at the University of Waikato, prior to beginning any studies through UOW;
- have received a conditional or unconditional offer of place from the University of Waikato;
- in the year of tenure, be commencing a full-time programme/s of study with a total duration of at least 12 months at the University of Waikato;
- be residing in New Zealand for the tenure of the scholarship and may only study a maximum of 50% of their course online (if this option is available);
- not be coming to the University of Waikato via a sponsoring body2 ;
- not be coming to the University of Waikato on a Guaranteed Credit Arrangement3 ,or through a study abroad or student exchange agreement;
- have a minimum GPA-equivalency of B+
- North America: USA, Canada Latin America Brazil, Colombia, Mexico, Chile, Ecuador
- Europe: Germany, UK, France, Norway
- East Asia: China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, South Korea, Japan South Asia India, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka, Bhutan, Mongolia, Nepal, Pakistan, Maldives
- South East Asia: Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Vietnam Middle East Jordan, Iran
- Africa: Kenya, South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Mauritius
Applicants must upload the following as part of their online application:
- their conditional or unconditional offer of place from the University of Waikato; and
- a personal statement that sets out the following (on the template provided):
- What are your career goals/aspirations?
- How will an international education experience help you to achieve these goals?
- What additional qualities/skills do you have that make you an ideal candidate for this scholarship and an ambassador for the University of Waikato?
To Apply, Click Here