Deadline: May 15, 2020
The University of Waikato International Excellence Scholarship was established to promote educational opportunities, foster internationalisation and support talented international students who are enrolling for the first time into undergraduate or postgraduate programmes1 at the University of Waikato.
Scholarships with a value of up to NZD$10,000 will be awarded to successful applicants from any of the countries listed in the table below who demonstrate excellent academic achievement, and the potential to become global ambassadors for the University.
The International Excellence Scholarship will be applied to tuition fees only and is not transferrable. Students are required to pay their first year of tuition fees and apply for a student visa.
The University will transfer the scholarship funding to the student’s tuition fees once their enrolment has been completed
- Scholarships with a value of up to NZD$10,000 will be awarded to successful applicants from any of the countries listed in the table below who demonstrate excellent academic achievement, and the potential to become global ambassadors for the University.
To be eligible, applicants must:
- be a citizen of a country listed in Table 1 (Nationality: international students from North America, Latin America, Europe, East Asia, South Asia, South East Asia, Middle East, Africa) – Visit website for full list;
- not currently be enrolled at the University of Waikato;
- must not have paid fees at the time of application,
- be applying to enrol for the first time in either an undergraduate or postgraduate degree1at the University of Waikato;
- if they have studied in a New Zealand high school, be an international student who has completed Year 13 and who complies with the requirements of Immigration New Zealand (INZ) for the full tenure of the Scholarship; f) not be classified as a domestic student (see clause 7.3.e);
- have met the University of Waikato’s English language requirements for admission, or have an offer for the Certificate of Attainment in Academic English at the University of Waikato, prior to beginning studies;
- have received a Formal or Conditional Offer of Place from the University of Waikato;
- in the year of tenure, be commencing a full-time programme/s of study with a total duration of not less than 12 months at the University of Waikato;
Applications for the Scholarship must be received by the University of Waikato Scholarships Office by:
- 10 December (first closing date for offers commencing in A Semester)
18 January (final closing date for offers commencing in A Semester)
15 May (for offers commencing in B Semester)
15 September (for offers commencing in T Semester).
- International students who are overseas at the time of submitting their application for the scholarship, must submit their scholarship application prior to lodging a visa
- application to travel to New Zealand, i.e. to be eligible to apply, the applicant cannot already have arrived in New Zealand.
- International students currently residing in New Zealand, who, at the time of submitting their application, cannot be enrolled at the University of Waikato or the Waikato Pathways College
To apply, Click here