Deadline : May 31, 2021
Applications for the 2021 University of Waikato Research Masters Scholarships for international students are now open. As part of their commitment to graduate research, the University of Waikato offers several Research Masters Scholarships to international students who wish to undertake a master’s thesis at the University of Waikato.
This University is committed to delivering a world-class education and research portfolio, providing a full and dynamic university experience, distinctive in character, and pursuing strong international links to advance knowledge.
Eligible candidates must be enrolled, or intending to enrol, full-time in a 500-level thesis of 90- points or more as part of their first master’s degree at the University of Waikato. International students must have completed at least 120 points of study at a New Zealand university in order to be eligible for this Scholarship.
- You will be eligible for a Scholarship value of up to $15,000
- Applicants may receive either a Tier 1 scholarship or a Tier 2 scholarship
- For the Tier 1, the amount awarded will be calculated on the points value of the applicant’s thesis paper with $15,000 awarded to 120-point theses or $12,000 for 90-point theses.
- As for Tier 2, $5,500 will be awarded towards the tuition fees of the master’s programme credited directly towards the tuition fees for your master’s programme
- This Scholarship program is open to New Zealand citizens, permanent residents as well as international students
- You must be enrolled, or intending to enrol, full-time1 in a 500-level thesis of 90-points or more as part of their first master’s degree at the University of Waikato.
- If you are an International student, you must have completed at least 120 points of study at a New Zealand university in order to be eligible for this Scholarship program
- In case you are selected for the scholarship, you must be ready to start your thesis enrolment within six months of the closing date of the round in which they applied.
- You must have contacted a potential University of Waikato master’s thesis supervisor before you apply.
Applicants must submit their applications online. Interested applicants must follow the guideline below:
- If you are new to the University of Waikato, you must complete an Application to Enrol BEFORE you can have access to apply for Scholarships and Awards
- Current student who already have a MyWaikato account can log MyWaikato select the scholarship you wish to apply for from the list of scholarships at the bottom of the page.
Applicants must include the following documents along with their application:
- A Personal Statement on the template provided on the online Scholarship application form
- An academic reference from either their (proposed) master’s thesis supervisor or a member of the academic staff at the institution at which they obtained the qualification that defines their eligibility to enter the master’s programme.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here