Deadline : March 15, 2023
Applications are now open for the University of Winnipeg President’s Distinguished Graduate Student Scholarship to study in Canada. The President’s Distinguished Graduate Student Scholarship is dedicate to international students who wish to pursue graduate (Master’s) degrees studies at the University of Winnipeg in Canada. Both Incoming and current students may apply for the scholarship which amounts to a total of $17,500.
The man aim of the President’s Distinguished Graduate Student Scholarship is to help and assist graduate students with financial related challenges. With this scholarship, you will be able to offset direct costs of your education, giving you a settled mind to achieve in your education. The scholarship is solely based on merit and student academic achievement as well as their research potential.
For this academic year, the University of Winnipeg is offering up to four (4) scholarships to both current and incoming students in University of Winnipeg graduate programs. Incoming students must also apply for admission into the university of Winnipeg, along besides applying fir the scholarship. The scholarship is offered for a duration of 1 year/ 12 months. Although the scholarship is not automatically renewed, you may apply again for the second year.
Recipients of the University of Winnipeg President’s Distinguished Graduate Student Scholarship will receive the following benefits
- The President’s Distinguished Graduate Student Scholarship is worth $17,500
- This scholarship grant is awarded for a period of 12 months.
- Students may apply for the scholarship for the second year since it is not automatically renewable
To apply for the scholarship, you must meet the following application conditions
- The scholarship is open to all students regardless of their nationality or citizenship
- Both Incoming and current students mat apply for the scholarship
- Applicants for the scholarship must be planning to enroll or are currently enrolled in a full-time graduate (master’s) program
- You must have achieved a minimum GPA of 3.75 in the last 60 credits hours of study.
- The program is especially dedicated to students planning to enroll for master’s program starting May or September of the current year or January of the upcoming year.
Qualified students who are planning to apply for the scholarship must complete the scholarship application form. This will be accompanied by a list of required support documents. Below is a list of required support documents
- Request 2 references one from your graduate program committee chair or graduate advisor/supervisor and one from an individual who can support your academic excellence and research potential.
- Reference letters must be submitted direct to the Faculty of Graduate Studies Awards and Communications Officer, Carolyn Garland. [[email protected], or to [email protected]]
- Your most recent Curriculum Vitae (CV) with a list of conference/paper presentations, funding history and relevant work and volunteer experience by the candidate
- Submit your Degrees, diplomas and transcript of records showing your education history
- Include your currents transcripts or grade slips as evidence of your academic performance
Your fully completed application form along wit the required documents must then be addresses to Awards and Communications Officer, Carolyn Garland, using the following email address email: [email protected].
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here