Deadline : March 31, 2020 .
Apply for the UNU-WIDER Visiting PhD Fellowship for International Students in Finland. This visiting PhD Fellowship is an opportunity to further your thesis in an international research institute. The Visiting PhD Fellowship Programme gives registered doctoral students the opportunity to utilize the resources and facilities at UNU-WIDER for their PhD dissertation or thesis research on developing economies, and to work with our researchers in areas of mutual interest.
Once accepted to this Visiting PhD fellowship, you will typically spend three consecutive months at UNU-WIDER before returning to their home institution. For the duration of their stay in Helsinki Finland, fellows prepare one or more research papers and present a seminar on their research findings. They may also have the opportunity to publish their research in the WIDER Working Paper Series.
Benefits for applicants are as below.
UNU-WIDER provides a travel grant to cover the following:
- The costs of travel to and from the location of your PhD granting institution,
- Medical insurance (for medical and hospital services resulting from sickness and accident during your stay at UNU-WIDER), and
- A monthly stipend of EUR 1,650 to cover living expenses in Helsinki during the period of their fellowship.
Please note: The programme does not provide services or cover expenses related to dependents.
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria
- Be enrolled in a PhD programme and have shown ability to conduct research on developing economies.
- Candidates working in other social sciences may apply but should keep in mind that UNU-WIDER is an economics-focused institute.
- Candidates should be fluent in oral and written English and possess good quantitative and/or qualitative analytical skills. Applications from suitably qualified early-career, female, and developing country researchers are particularly encouraged.
- The programme is especially addressed at researchers at later stages of their PhD.
To apply you must follow the following procedure and submit the required documents
- You will have to submit your application online
- As part of you application, you will have to submit the required documents
- you will be asked to upload your curriculum vitae.
- Your PhD supervisor will need to provide UNU-WIDER with a letter of reference, which should be emailed (by your supervisor) to the following address: [email protected]. The reference letter will also be used to certify that you are enrolled in a PhD programme at your university.
To apply, click here