Deadline : March 31, 2023
Apply for the UNU-WIDER Visiting PhD Fellowship for International Students in Finland. The visiting PhD Fellowship is an opportunity to further your thesis in an international research institute. Eligible PhD Fellows must be registered doctoral students and if selected, they will have the opportunity to utilize the resources and facilities at UNU-WIDER for their PhD dissertation or thesis research.
The research will be based on developing economies and is dedicated current PhD students. Applications are specially encouraged from early career female candidates from developing countries who are at a later stage of their PhD programme
Once accepted to this Visiting PhD fellowship, you will spend atleast three consecutive months at working at UNU-WIDER before returning to their home institution. For the duration of their stay in Helsinki Finland, fellows prepare one or more research papers and present a seminar on their research findings. They may also have the opportunity to publish their research in the WIDER Working Paper Series.
Benefits for applicants are as below.
UNU-WIDER provides a travel grant to cover the following:
- The costs of travel to and from the location of your PhD granting institution will be catered for.
- Fellows will receive Medical insurance coverage to cover costs for medical and hospital services resulting from sickness and accident during their stay at UNU-WIDER.
- You will receive a monthly stipend of EUR 1,850 to cover living expenses in Finland for the entire duration of the fellowship period.
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria
- To apply, you must currently be enrolled in a PhD programme in a developing country
- Applicants must demonstrate the ability to conduct research on developing economies.
- Although candidates working in other social sciences may apply, you should keep in mind that UNU-WIDER is an economics-focused institute.
- You must posses both oral and written English skills as well as good quantitative and/or qualitative analytical skills.
- Early-career female students from developing developing countries are specially encouraged to apply.
- The programme specially encourages researchers at later stages of their PhD programmes to apply.
To apply you must follow the following procedure and submit the required documents
- You will have to submit your application online using the online application portal on the programme website.
- Along with your application, you will be required to submit the following required documents
- Your most recent curriculum vitae.
- The candidate’s PhD supervisor at their home institution must submit a letter of reference, via mail to [email protected].
- With this letter, the supervisor should certify that the candidate is currently enrolled in a PhD programme at their home university.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here