Deadline : March 31, 2020 .
USTC Scholarship—Degree-seeking Program is a scholarship established by University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) to support USTC to recruit outstanding international students for studies in China.
The University of Science and Technology of China (USTC) is a prominent university in China and enjoys an excellent reputation worldwide. It was established by the Chinese Academy of Sciences (CAS) in 1958 in Beijing, as a strategic action by the Chinese government, to meet China’s science and technology needs and increases the country’s international competitiveness. CAS integrated its resources with USTC, with the aim of educating top talent in cutting-edge, interdisciplinary science and technology. The establishment of USTC was hailed as “a great event in the history of education and science of China”. In 1970, USTC moved to its current location in Hefei, the capital of Anhui Province.
The USTC Program provides a full scholarship which covers tuition waiver, accommodation, stipend, and comprehensive medical insurance.
- Tuition waiver.
- Accommodation: free university dormitory or accommodation subsidy.
- If the host university requires students to live on campus, the university will accommodate the scholarship students in a university dormitory (usually a twin room); if the host university permits students to live off campus, the university will provide monthly accommodation subsidy:
- bachelor’s students: CNY 500 per month;
- master’s students: CNY 700 per month;
- doctoral students: CNY 1000 per month.
- bachelor’s students: CNY2,500 per month;
- master’s students: CNY 3,000 per month;
- doctoral students: CNY 3,500 per month.
- Comprehensive medical insurance.
- Applicants must be non-Chinese citizens and mentally and physically healthy.
- Applicants must not be a registered student in Chinese universities at the time of application;
- Education background and age limit:
- Applicants for bachelor’s degree studies must have hold a high school diploma (equivalent to high school diploma in China), HSK5 certificate and be under the age of 30 (by September, 1st, 2020).
- Applicants for master’s degree studies must have bachelor’s degree (equivalent to bachelor’s degree in China) and be under the age of 35 (by September, 1st, 2020).
- Applicants for doctoral studies must have master’s degree (equivalent to master’s degree in China) and be under the age of 40 (by September, 1st, 2020).
For the graduates to obtain their degrees in 2020, they should submit a Pre-graduation Certificate to ensure that they will complete their study and obtain the degree by July of 2020.
Degree-seeking students who have been granted for other Chinese scholarship or funding（2019-2020）cannot apply for this scholarship.
The duration of scholarship is decided in accordance with the duration of each specific program:
- Bachelor’s Degree Programs: 4 academic years
- Master’s Degree Programs: 2-3 academic years
- Doctoral Degree Programs: 3-4 academic years
- Application form for USTC Scholarship with signature and recent photo.
- Photocopy of passport (ordinary passport with validity of at least 1 year).
- A study or research proposal (no less than 800 words).
- Two letters of recommendation from full professors or associate professors (with phone number and email address).
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form (download in the attachment below).
- Applicants for programs instructed in Chinese must provide the photocopy of HSK certificate (at least level 4); applicants for programs instructed in English must provide the photocopy of valid IELTS or TOFEL result or other proof of their English proficiency (except those whose mother tongue is English).
- Photocopy of degree certificate and academic transcript for both Bachelor’s Degree and Master’s Degree (if have) notarized by Ministry of Education or equivalent authority in your country.If applicants are university students, they must provide official documents showing their status as university students and stating clearly when they will obtain the degree certificate;If applicants already graduated but have not yet obtained the degree certificate, they must provide official documents explaining the reasons and stating clearly when they will obtain the degree certificate;If applicants are already employed, they must provide official documents showing their status as on-post employees and permission of release.
To apply, Click here