Deadline : November 1, 2019
Prospective students who wish to be considered for the scholarship must apply before 31 January 2020 (23:59 CET), after which the application portal will be closed. Your application for a scholarship will only be processed if you have submitted an application for a Master’s programme as well
The Utrecht Excellence scholarship can be awarded as:
- tuition fees
- tuition fees plus 11.000 euro living expenses
As the grant is not automatically a full scholarship, it may be necessary to find additional funding to be able to finance your studies and stay completely. Students requiring a residence permit in the Netherlands must prove to the IND (Immigration and Naturalisation Office) that they have sufficient financial means.
Candidates for the Eric Bleumink Fund should:
- Have obtained conditional admission to the program of choice (see: www.rug.nl/masters/alphabetical )
- Have excellent academic performance, preferably to be confirmed by letters of recommendation
- Have excellent grades during their bachelor/undergraduate studies;
- Have excellent English language proficiency, in accordance with the admission requirements of the program of choice
- Be available for the whole period of the programme and be able to take part in the entire programme
- Be in good health, so that health insurance in the Hold the nationality of a country appearing in Appendix 1.
- Have no other means of financing the study in question
- Eligible Countries: Afghanistan, Angola, Bangladesh, Benin, Bhutan, Burkina Faso, Burundi, Cambodia, Chad, Comoros, Djibouti, Equatorial Guinea, Eritrea, Ethiopia, Gambia, Guinea, Guinea-Bissau, Haiti, Kiribati, Laos, Lesotho, Liberia, Madagascar, Malawi, Mali, Mauritania, Mozambique, Myanmar, Nepal, Niger, Rwanda, Sao Tome and Principe, Senegal, Sierra Leone, Solomon Islands, Somalia, Tanzania, Togo, Tuvalu, Uganda, Vanuatu, Yemen, Timor-Leste, Sudan (Rep.), Congo (Dem Rep.), South Sudan, Central African Republic, Zambia, Armenia, Bolivia, Cape Verde, Congo (Rep.), Congo, El Salvador, Ghana, Honduras, India, Indonesia, Kosovo, Korea, Dem. Rep., Kyrgyzstan, Moldova, Mongolia, Morocco, Nigeria, Vietnam, Uzbekistan, Ukraine
After submitting an application for the Master’s programme, non-EU/EEA students will have the option to submit an application for an Utrecht Excellence Scholarship from 1 November.
You will need to upload the following document:
- Proof of belonging to the top 10% of your graduating class:
an official document issued by your university that proves you are among the top 10% of your graduating class, such as a statement signed and stamped by your University, a reference letter, a class ranking certificate, etc.
Please note that students starting their programme in February are not eligible for the Utrecht Excellence Scholarships.
- Submit an application for a Master’s programme; if you do not do this first, your UES application will simply be deleted.
- After submitting an application for a Master’s programme,
- Log in with your Osiris username and password.
- Click on the link 'New application'.
- Answer the UES questions and upload the requested document(s).
- Submit your application.
To Apply visit, Osiris Online Application.