Deadline : March 1, 2020 .
Apply for the Victoria University of Wellington postgraduate scholarships. To encourage postgraduate research Victoria University of Wellington offers scholarships to those about to begin their doctoral studies. These scholarships are awarded on academic merit and are open to New Zealand and international students in any discipline,
These scholarships are open to graduates of any university within or outside of New Zealand who intend to enrol full time for a Doctorate (PhD) or who have commenced their doctoral study at Victoria University of Wellington. Please note: It is very important to refer to the website for regulations and further process requirements regarding an application for this scholarship.
Scholarships will normally be tenable for three years. For a student who has already been enrolled for a Doctorate at Victoria University of Wellington for more than three months at the time when the offer of a Scholarship is made, the maximum length of tenure of the Scholarship will be reduced at the discretion of the Victoria University Research Scholarships Committee.
- All offers of Wellington Doctoral Scholarships consist of a $23,500 per annum stipend plus domestic tuition fees for up to three years.
- The scholarships are offered to the top ranked candidates in any Doctoral admission and scholarship application round throughout the year
- Applications are accepted from those who are eligible at the time of application, or who reasonably expect to become eligible within three months of their application, to register as a candidate for a Doctoral degree at Victoria University of Wellington.
- Applicants would normally be expected to have completed a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree with academic distinction equivalent to a First Class Honours degree at a New Zealand University.
- The scholarship offer shall lapse in the event that the scholarship recipient does not gain full enrolment as a Doctoral student within 15 months of first enrolment.
- Academic staff at Victoria University of Wellington or any other University may not hold a Welington Doctoral Scholarship while currently employed.
- Scholarships will be awarded on the basis of academic merit by the University Research Scholarships Committee (the Committee), a sub committee of the University Research Committee.
- The scholarships are offered to the top ranked candidates in any Doctoral admission and scholarship application round throughout the year. To be considered for a Wellington Doctoral Scholarship the applicant must have a strong academic record and excellent academic references, or:
- demonstrated potential for high quality research; or
- a record of publication in high quality journals commensurate with experience and education.
- A completed online application must be submitted by 4:30pm on the closing date. Late or incomplete applications will not be accepted. Any required supporting documentation (including references) must also be received by 4:30pm on the closing date in order for the application to be considered.
- All offers of the Scholarship will be conditional upon the recipient being fully enrolled in a full-year programme (full-time will be at the level of points considered by Studylink as full-time) within the stipulated criteria and tenure of the scholarship. No payment of the Scholarship will be made until this condition is met.
To apply Click Here