Deadline: November 30, 2020
The Vietnam Global Leaders Scholarship is an exciting opportunity for high achieving students from Vietnam to further their studies in UQ’s Faculty of Business, Economics and Law. Challenge yourself academically and develop the skills to thrive in constantly changing and competitive business environments
The scholarship is awarded to students from Vietnam studying an undergraduate or a postgraduate coursework program (excluding the MBA program) within the Faculty of Business, Economics and Law
Selected applicants will receive the following benefits
- $5,000 – $10,000 tuition fee scholarship. The final amount awarded to the successful applicants will be at the discretion of the selection committee
- Students will join an elite UQ Global Leaders community of high achievers throughout your studies, and simultaneously develop employability skills through priority access to exciting programs on offer through our award-winning Student Employability Team. Students will also receive exclusive invitations to selected ‘Invite only’ seminars, presentations, and events throughout your studies. Upon graduation, students will join a global network of outstanding Global Leaders scholarship alumni, and build upon their professional networks at home and abroad.
In order to be considered for the scholarship, you must fulfill the following criteria
- Citizens of Vietnam, who normally reside in Vietnam and are not already undertaking any studies in Australia. Those studying English in Australia are still eligible to apply.
- Students must not simultaneously hold another scholarship for tuition fees.
- Students who have received an offer for a relevant undergraduate or postgraduate coursework program and who are commencing students at UQ (the opportunity is not open to currently enrolled UQ students, or students studying at UQ on study abroad or exchange).
- The scholarships are awarded on the basis of academic excellence and high achieving students are encouraged to apply.
In order to be considered for the scholarship, you must apply for your chosen degree program first before applying for this scholarship.
Applications close on the same dates every year:
- 30 November for semester 1
- 30 May for semester 2.
To apply, you must have already received a letter of offer from UQ and provide us with:
- Personal/motivational statement – this statement should be no more than 1,000 words and address:
- The reasons for your interest in your chosen degree program, including why you wish to study this program at UQ
- Your personal goals and ambitions and evidence of any previous activities or experiences (including voluntary activities) which demonstrates your commitment to those goals and ambitions.
- One reference letter in English from teaching staff at your institution or from an employer. The academic reference letter should ideally rank your academic performance against your peer group.
To Download the application form, Click here
For Inquiries please contact: [email protected]