Deadline : July 15, 2020 .
Apply for the Webster Vienna Private University Scholarships 2020 in Austria. Scholarships are awarded based on academic merit and financial need. Only applicants who are / will be accepted by the Admissions team for a degree program and have submitted a complete Webster Vienna Scholarship Application will be considered for a scholarship. Up to ten (10) new students may receive the WV Scholarships per year. The following tuition scholarships will be awarded starting Fall I 2020.
Webster University is an American University with a global perspective founded in the U.S. in 1915. The Vienna Campus, Webster Vienna Private University, opened in 1981 and is accredited both in the USA and in Austria. The University focuses on excellence in teaching, the joining of theory and practice, small class sizes, and educating students to be lifelong independent learners prepared to participate in an increasingly international society.
Webster Vienna encourages all incoming undergraduate (bachelor) and graduate (master) students with exceptional academic achievement and proven financial need to apply for a Webster Vienna Scholarship
Benefits for applicants are as below.
The university awards the following scholarships at both Bachelor's and Master's levels
Webster Vienna - Distinction
- Twenty thousand euros (€20000) for 4 years in the Bachelor’s program, prorated by semester
- Ten thousand euros (€10000) for 2 years in the Master’s program, prorated by semester
Webster Vienna - Merit
- Fifteen thousand euros (€15000) for 4 years in the Bachelor’s program, prorated by semester
- Eight thousand euros (€8000) for 2 years in the Master’s program, prorated by semester
Webster Vienna - Honors
- Ten thousand euros (€10000) for 4 years in the Bachelor’s program, prorated by semester
- Five thousand euros (€5000) for 2 years in the Master’s program, prorated by semester
To be eligible, you must fulfill the following criteria
- Applicants must have a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 on the American 4-point scale.
- An applicant must be a newly accepted undergraduate or graduate student who has a minimum GPA of 3.0. Applicants must demonstrate exceptional academic achievement and outstanding spoken and written English well above the English as a Second Language level.
- Applicants must be enrolled full-time (24 credits/year undergraduate, 12 credits/year graduate) and maintain a minimum GPA of 3.0 each semester to continue until the end of the program.
Applicants must be available for study starting in the Fall I Term.
- Applicants mus have proven English proficiency of the scholarship student is crucial: Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL), IELTS, or Cambridge Advanced Certificate (CAE) scores are required prior to admission. Students accepted on probation or those who need to take ESLG (English as a second language) classes are not eligible.
Along side the online application, you will have to also submit the following required documents
- A 1000-1200 word essay on one of the two topics provided below:
- Many students at Webster Vienna Private University have cultural heritage, skill, or talent that defines them and enriches the lives of their peers. If you hold such an interest or have a unique background, please share more in a 1000-1200 word essay; or
- Many believe that we learn from our mistakes. In a 1000-1200 word essay, describe a situation or experience where you learned from failure. Explain the situation, what actions you took, and how you learned from this experience.
- Academic Transcripts
- English proficiency test scores
- Recommendation Letter
To apply, Click here