Deadline : January 3, 2012 .
Apply to the White House Internship Program 2020. The White House Internship Program’s mission is to make the “People’s House” accessible to future leaders from around the nation.
The White House Internship Program is a public service leadership program that provides a unique opportunity to gain valuable professional experience and build leadership skills. This hands-on program is designed to mentor and cultivate today’s young leaders, strengthen their understanding of the Executive Office, and prepare them for future public service opportunities.
A select group of young men and women from across the country dedicate their time, talents, energy, and service to better the White House and the Nation. These committed citizens become part of the White House team. The assignments given to an intern on any given day could include: conducting research, managing incoming inquiries, attending meetings, writing memos, and staffing events.
While interns’ responsibilities and tasks vary by department, all interns are united through weekly events, including a speaker series and professional development opportunities. Most importantly, the internship experience emphasizes community, and interns participate in service projects at non-profit organizations in Washington, D.C.
- The President, First Lady, and White House staff are committed to providing young leaders an opportunity to develop their leadership skills and serve their country through the White House Internship Program. This program was developed to provide hands-on experience and cultivate meaningful skills
Applicants must be U.S. citizens, must be 18 years of age, and must meet at least one of the following criteria to apply:
- Are currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program at a college, community college, or university (two-to-four year institution).
- Have graduated from an undergraduate or graduate degree program at a college, community college, or university (two-to-four year institution) no more than two years before the internship program start date.
- Are a veteran of the United States Armed Forces who possesses a high school diploma or its equivalent and has served on active duty–for any length of time–in the two years preceding the internship program start date.
- The Summer 2020 White House Internship Program will run from May 27, 2020 to August 7, 2020. All application materials, including letters of recommendation, must be submitted through the application portal on or before January 3, 2020, at 11:59 p.m. EDT
To apply, Click Here