Deadline : October 31, 2019
The World Bank (WB) Internship Program offers highly motivated individuals an opportunity to be exposed to the mission and work of the WB in international development. The internship allows individuals to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experience into the WB's work and improve their skills while working in a diverse environment. An internship at the WB is an opportunity to learn while gaining practical experience. Interns generally find the experience to be rewarding and interesting. In addition, it is a way to enhance their CVs with practical work experience.
The WB Internship Program typically seeks candidates for: Operations (Front Line) in the following fields: economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social sciences (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, engineering, urban planning, natural resources management, private sector development, and other related fields; or Corporate support (Accounting, Communications, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Treasury, and other corporate services).
The Bank pays an hourly salary to all Interns and, where applicable, provides an allowance toward travel expenses. Interns are responsible for their own living accommodations. Most positions are in Washington, DC; few others are in World Bank Country offices. This is business driven and varies. Usually, internship opportunities are for a minimum of four weeks.
The WB pays an hourly salary to all Interns and, where applicable, provides an allowance toward travel expenses up to USD 3,000 at the discretion of the manager. These travel expenses can only include transport expenses (airfare) to or from the duty station city. Interns are responsible for their own accommodations. Driven by business needs, most Intern positions are based in Washington, DC with a few others in the WB country offices. Usually, internship opportunities are for a minimum of four weeks.
- To be eligible for an Internship, candidates must have an undergraduate degree and be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program (pursuing a master's degree or PhD with plans to return to school full-time). There is no age limit.
- Fluency in English is required. Knowledge of languages such as: French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese is desirable. Other skills such as computing skills are advantageous.
- They value diversity in our workplace, and encourage all qualified individuals, particularly women, with diverse professional and academic backgrounds to apply. Our aim is to attract and recruit the best talent in the world.
- Complete the Application Form. Take time to prepare your application and enter your personal information accurately. You will be asked to upload the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Statement of Interest
- Proof of Enrollment in a graduate degree
To Apply, Click Here