Deadline : October 31, 2020
Applications are open for the World Bank Winter Internship Program for Young Professionals 2020-21.The World Bank (WB) Internship Program invites motivated individuals to apply for an opportunity to have an extensive insight into the mission and work of the WB in international development. With this internship, participants have the opportunity to bring new perspectives, innovative ideas and latest research experience into the WB’s work and improve their skills while working in a diverse environment.
An internship at the WB is an opportunity to learn while gaining practical experience. Interns generally find the experience to be rewarding and interesting. In addition, it is a way to enhance their CVs with practical work experience. Positions for interns usually include:
- Operations (Front Line) in the following fields: economics, finance, human development (public health, education, nutrition, population), social sciences (anthropology, sociology), agriculture, environment, engineering, urban planning, natural resources management, private sector development, and other related fields;
- Corporate support (Accounting, Communications, Human Resources Management, Information Technology, Treasury, and other corporate services).
Once selected as an intern for this program, you will be eligible for the following benefits
- You will receive an hourly salary payment along with an allowance toward travel expenses up to USD 3,000 at the discretion of the manager where applicable.
- The travel expenses cover transport expenses (airfare) to or from the duty station city.
In order to apply for this internship program, you will have to fulfill the following application criteria.
- You must have an undergraduate degree and be enrolled in a full-time graduate study program pursuing either a master’s degree or PhD with plans to return to school full-time
- The program invites applicates of all ages to apply. There is no age limit.
- You must be fluent in English, however, Knowledge of languages such as French, Spanish, Russian, Arabic, Portuguese, and Chinese is desirable.
- Applicants are expected to have digital skills such as computing skills
- The program welcomes all candidates and particularly encourage women, with diverse professional and academic backgrounds to apply.
You must be submit your application online within the application period described. Please note that if you already hold a J1 visa, you will need to obtain a G4 visa abroad prior to starting employment or unpaid internship at the Word Bank.
Applicants will need the following documents
- You most recent Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- A Statement of Interest
- Proof of Enrollment in a graduate degree
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here