Deadline: September 21, 2020
The World Bank Group (WBG ) invites applications for the World Bank Young Professionals Program (YPP) 2020. THe organisation welcomes all qualified individuals with diverse professional, academic, and cultural backgrounds. Specifically, women and persons with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.
The program is now accepting applications for the International Finance cooperation (IFC) and Multilateral Investment Guarantee Agency (MIGA) profiles. Building on the rich legacy of its predecessor programs, the WBG YPP will recruit and develop future leaders to collaborate effectively across our institutions on joint WBG solutions to development challenges.
The YPP is a unique opportunity for young professionals who have both a passion for international development and the leadership potential to grow in fascinating top technical and managerial roles in the WBG. The program is designed for highly qualified and motivated individuals skilled in areas relevant to WBG technical/operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources to name a few.
To be competitive, candidates need to demonstrate a commitment to development, proven academic success, professional achievement, and leadership capability.
Over the years, the YPP has hired over 1,800 people for positions ranging from entry-level to vice presidents and managing directors.
- Salary: YPs are offered a competitive salary and benefits package as part of a 5-year term contract. Benefits include health, life and accident insurance, a pension plan and possible relocation and mobility benefits depending on WBG guidelines.
- Health, Life, Accident, and Other Insurance Programs: Young Professionals and their families (including declared domestic partners) may choose from three comprehensive medical/dental benefit plans. The WBG also provides basic life and accident insurance to all staff at no cost, and staff can elect optional life and accident insurance plans. The WBG provides disability and workers’ compensation coverage to staff at no cost.
- Pension Plan: The WBG sponsors a comprehensive pension plan for eligible staff. Upon separation from the WBG, either a lump sum or a pension will become payable to the staff based on eligibility.
- Relocation and Transportation Benefits
- These benefits are only applicable to staff who are not residents of the greater Washington-Baltimore metropolitan area at the time of appointment. The World Bank will bear the cost of one-way transportation of staff and immediate dependent family from the staff member’s residence.
- A one-time grant is included in the first paycheck to cover the cost of relocation.
The following are the minimum requirements to be eligible for the Young Professionals Program.
- Citizenship of a member country of the World Bank Group
- Be born on or after October 1, 1988
- A PhD or Master’s degree and relevant work experience
- Fluency in English
- Full proficiency in one or more of the WBG’s working languages — Arabic, Chinese, French, Portuguese, Russian, and Spanish — is desired, but not required
- Specialization in a field relevant to the WBG Technical/Operations such as economics, finance, education, public health, social sciences, engineering, urban planning, agriculture, natural resources, and others
- At least three years of relevant professional experience related to development or continued academic study at the doctoral level
To be competitive for the limited number of positions, a combination of the following credentials is highly desirable:
- Display a commitment and passion for international development
- Possess outstanding academic credentials
- Exhibit excellent client engagement and team leadership skills
- Have international development country experience
The application for the August – September 2020 Selection Process for the Young Professionals Program IFC and MIGA profiles.
Before You Apply, please ensure that:
- You meet the minimum requirements for eligibility for the Young Professionals Program and,
- You have all the information at hand including key dates, an updated Curriculum Vitae (CV), Education Certificates/Transcripts, PhD Dissertation/Master’s Thesis topics (short summary), if applicable, and the Application Essay ready to be uploaded.
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit Young Professionals Program (YPP) .