Deadline : February 25, 2023
Apply for the Chinese Government Scholarship program for the 2023 academic year at Wuhan University. The Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program is a full scholarship established by the Ministry of Education to support Chinese universities to attract outstanding international students for graduate studies in China.
Wuhan University, one of the most prestigious universities in China has designated to undertake this program. The program aims to recruit graduate students who wish to study for both Master and Doctoral degree programs.
The program setup is as described below
- This scholarship only supports graduate students, including master’s degree students for no more than three years, and doctoral degree students for no more than four years.
- The duration of the scholarship, covering both major study and Chinese language/preparatory study, is as specified in the Admission Letter.
- Scholarship students can register for either Chinese-medium program or English-medium program if applicable.
- You will receive full coverage for tuition and application fee waiver for your selected degree program.
- Scholarship recipients will receive free accommodation for the entire duration of their degree.
- You will be eligible to receive a Living allowance worth 3500RMB/per month for PhD and 3000RMB/per month for Master’s.
- Recipients will receive comprehensive medical insurance
- You will also be eligible for coverage for international travel expenses for your flight to China.
- Applicants must be foreign non-Chinese citizens from all over the world and in good health.
- If you are applying for a Master’s degree program, you should be under 35 years old and must have obtained a Bachelor degree.
- Applicants for a doctoral degree program must be under 40 years old and must posses a Master’s degree.
- If you are applying for any of the Chinese-medium programs, you should have at least HSK level four certificate (Chinese Proficiency Test) at the time of application.
- In case your native language is Chinese or if you can provide proof of studying at a previous institution where the teaching language is Chinese, can apply for HSK test waiver for further approval of Wuhan University.
- Applicants of English-medium programs should provide a score report of English Language test, either a TOEFL with 80 or IELTS with 5.5.
- Native English-speaking applicants can be exempted from providing the above English proficiency certificate.
Interested applicants must register and submit their application online using the CSC Online Application System for International Students. You must use the Wuhan University code (10486) during the application and choose Program category type B which refers to scholarship programs responsible by Chinese universities under Chinese Government Scholarship-Chinese University Program
Applicants must then register and submit their another online application at Wuhan University using the Online Application System for International Students. Please choose sources of funds as Chinese Government Program. You will need the following supporting documents
- An application Form for Chinese Government Scholarship (to be downloaded after completing your step 1 registration)
- Application Form for International Scholars and Students of Wuhan University (to be downloaded after completing your step 2 registration)
- Certified/ Notarized diploma/ degree certificates and transcripts for your previous education
- You must include a Study Plan of up to 800 words written in either Chinese or in English.
- Applicants must request two recommendation letters from either professors or associate professors, in Chinese or English.
- Copy of valid ordinary passport for the personal information page, valid for up to at least until Dec. 31, 2023
- A criminal record form/ certificate.
- Photocopy of Foreigner Physical Examination Form, filled in English or Chinese. Template to be downloaded form website
- You must include a copy of valid HSK certificate if you are applying for Chinese-medium program.
- A valid English proficiency certificate for English-medium program , either TOEFL or IELTS
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here