Deadline : March 31, 2021
Applications are open for the YSEALI Professional Fellows Program in the United States. The Young Southeast Asian Leaders Initiative Professional Fellows Program (YSEALI PFP) is a fully-funded exchange program sponsored by the U.S. Department of State’s Bureau of Educational and Cultural Affairs. YSEALI PFP aims to provide emerging leaders from countries in Southeast Asia the opportunity to spend up to 6 weeks in the United States gaining professionally relevant fellowship experiences at non-profit, public, or private sector organizations.
The YSEALI Professional Fellows Program provides emerging leaders ages 25-35 the opportunity to spend five weeks in the United States, including four weeks working directly with American counterparts in individually tailored work placements with relevant private and/or public sector organizations. During these placements, Fellows build their practical expertise, leadership skills, and professional networks.
This program mainly designed to promote mutual understanding, enhance Fellows’ leadership and professional skills, and build lasting and sustainable partnerships between emerging leaders in Southeast Asia and the United States. YSEALI PFP is administered under the following 4 themes
- Civic Engagement
- Economic Empowerment
- Governance and Society
- Sustainable Development and the Environment
Program fellows will receive the following benefits
- Fellows will receive coverage for travel, lodging, and meals during their stay in the U.S.
- You will will stay in hotels during much of the program, However, since this program is a cultural introduction to the U.S., you will work with U.S. fellowship hosts to arrange for a three-week home stay for each Southeast Asian Fellow during the program.
- American Councils will assist all Fellows in applying for a J-1 visa.
- You will receive coverage for visa fees as well as travel costs to attend the visa interview
- You must be a citizen and resident of one of the eleven YSEALI countries namely, Brunei, Cambodia, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Myanmar, Philippines, Singapore, Thailand, Timor Leste, and Vietnam
- Applicants must be emerging leaders in government, civil society, or the private sector who has demonstrated expertise pertaining to the respective theme under which he/she is applying
- To apply, you need to be between 25 to 35 years old at the time of application
- You must be a mid-level professional, currently employed, and have two or more years of relevant professional work experience
- Applicants must demonstrate a reasonable proficiency in both written and oral English
- You must be self-directed and able to work effectively in a cross-cultural setting
Your YSEALI PFP application must be submitted online using the AIS Forms portal. You will complete and submit your application which will include directly uploading supplemental support materials and request recommendations. You must prepare and review the following information before you start you application
- Applicants must conform that they are eligible for the programme.
- You will be required to submit documents demonstrating your Education history
- Applicants must submit proof of comprehensive work experience
- Your resume or CV must be submitted in English
- You will have to submit responses to three essay questions which will be found in the application
- Applicants are required to ask for and submit professional recommendations
- You will also need a signed copy of the Participant Terms and Conditions Agreement
To apply, Click here
For more information, visit the official website here